Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Release of the iPad 2-Is it THAT much better than the first?

The iPad 2 was released Friday, March 11, 2011 and the question I'm posing is.....


Is it THAT much better than the first iPad?


They look the same...maybe a little thinner but they look the same to me!


So....
Do owners of the first iPad want to go out and spend over $500.00 on a brand new iPad??
Let's take a look at the list of features:
*thinner and lighter (supposedly)-haven't held one for myself but I plan on it.
*Dual-core A5 chip and Apple claims "Two powerful cores in one A5 chip mean iPad can do twice the work at once."
*Longer lasting battery
*FACETIME!
(Yes, I love facetime even though I don't have an iPhone or iPad. I love using facetime thought!
Other features include:
*9.7 inch LED back lit screen (great for movies and pictures)
*You can choose from either an iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G or simply Wi-Fi from AT&T or Verizon Wireless. Wi-fi plus 3G would access instantly to ANYTHING you wanted to do. With the original iPad, you are limited to AT&T with Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + 3G. If you already use Verizon Wireless or like Verizon and not AT&T, the iPad 2 seems like the better option.


The most interesting thing I find about the iPad 2 is the cover that can fold back for making it stand up or to simply protect it when you throw it in your bag or carrying it.
Available in a ton of colors, you can pick which one fits you.
I'd go for light blue-just saying....




There are a million reasons why I want the iPad 2, but when I saw this video I couldn't help but think it is not that much better...just a great money maker for Apple this month.


Watch this promo for the iPad 2-totally worth it



My question still remains....is it THAT much better?
Tell me what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment